Sunday, May 11, 2008

And The Jekyll And Hyde Continues....

...In yesterday's double bill, after the Friday night rainout.

Hard to understand this team, isn't it? In the first game, they looked like Energizer Bunnies, and in the second, like Revenge of the Living Dead. It's enough to make you scratch your head, and then scratch your head again... and again... and again.

The one (or two) positives are the recent play of The Carloses. CB played like the star he's paid to be in Game One, with five RBI and some really cool center field play, and CD continued swinging the bat well, and looking rather comfy at the dish. That was, at least, in Game One, and Game Two, the Living Dead game, I guess might be a product of... uh.... fatigue?

Which brings me to the Curious Case of Willie Randolph. Yep, folks, sometimes I think we need Perry Friggin' Mason to figure out what goes on in the head of Willie Wonker. Rather curiously, he allows a couple of the relievers to pitch twice on the day, and as Joe Janish over at Mets Today said, it was pretty obvious that fatigue had set in in at least one case. He also stuck Wagner out there in a non-Wagner-like spot, and let him throw more than his usual quota of pitches, which to most of us made little or no sense, but, hey, we're not Willie, and we don't know "his guys" as well as he does, I suppose.

Stop me, before I puke again.

And the booing continues, and this team is still surely slightly schizophrenic. As the Ramones once famously said "guess I'll have to break the news, that I've got no mind to lose... guess I'm gonna have to tell 'em, that I've got no cerebellum."

Gabba gabba hey!

We play for the rubber today. Let's get it done, boys!

No comments: