Friday, July 4, 2008

The Friday Go Fuck Yourself Award For This Week Goes To....

...Jose Reyes, for this, and this and this, and, oh yeah, for this, too.

I really hate giving this award to Jose, because I think he's one of the most exciting and talented players out there. But his seeming lapses of concentration on and off the field, his steadfast refusal to understand the type of hitter he is and to maximize the use of his speed totally leave me scratching my....uh, head, more often than not.

And this off-the-field stuff is, well... concerning, because it just seems as if Jose is a little confused at what constitutes appropriate behavior, and doesn't seem to understand that everyone connected to the Mets is NOT his enemy.

I just don't know what goes on, or doesn't go on, in Jose's head sometimes, and I suspect neither does he.

So here's to you, Jose; hopefully, you will not be a repeat winner!

2 comments:

Mike said...

I can't quite go so far as you on this one. Jose brings far more to the Mets than he takes away.

My go fuck yourself award goes to Jerry Manuel for choosing to use Duaner Sanchez rather than Santana for the most important inning of the season.

Deb said...

Eh....not a bad choice, Mike, but I'm sticking by my choice of Jose Reyes. Sure, he brings much to the team, but if he doesn't get his act together, he may be more of a distraction than a help.

I really debated on this one, as I love Jose and did not want to give him the award, but imo, he deserves it, if only once. LOL