Monday, July 7, 2008

No Church On Sunday....

...or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, either. For the rest of the year, or at least until further notice, I'm thinking.

Now before some of you fine churchgoing people starting a-bitching, of course, I'm talking about RYAN Church, who complained of a migraine headache during Saturday's game, causing J Man to rest him yesterday, as a precaution. As you all further now realize, the Mets totally botched the handling of the Church Concussion #2, failing to DL him when they should have, and basically allowing him to call the shots, which turned out to be a very bad call on the Mets' part.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, here, but this team isn't going anywhere this year. If I were the Mets, I would seriously consider shutting Ryan down for at least the entire month of July, and then re-evaluate him after that. Maybe he ought to be shut down for the entire season, but we can take it one DL stint at a time.

I know Church is once again making noise that the migraine was not a concussion-related issue, but I would submit: how the hell does he know? Is he a doctor? I know he's suffered from migraines before, but hells bells, people, isn't that even a better reason to sit his ass down for awhile?

I mean... yikes!

2 comments:

Rickey said...

The whole Church thing is too much to take. He's been their most consistent bat and he doesn't even know what freaking year it is. Ugh.

Deb said...

Rickey has his usual point. But if we want Ryan to be the Church of the Future, we need to take care of him, I think Rickey would agree. I'm not sure that the current Church management knows what the hell it's doing. He's up, he's down, he's in, he's out, he's here, he's there.... and you know what? He'll end up nowhere if this keeps up.