Wednesday, August 27, 2008

About Last Night (Schneider and J Ro)....

...so, did any of you listen to Brian Schneider's regular Tuesday lunchtime spot on WFAN today, with Steve Somers subbing for Joe and Evan? I gotta give Steve credit, he hit Schneider pretty hard with his comments about the long hop/short hop ball from Easley he missed. Now, I usually have no problem with Schneider, but he really seemed to get his balls in kind of an uproar over Steve's remarks, and stated that the play was by no means an easy or routine one, and although he didn't offer an excuse, per se, he didn't really take responsibility for it either.

Steve further went on to question Schneider about whether he and Pedro had trouble communicating, to which Schneider replied that "Pedro took full responsibility" or was it, "blame," for whatever happened.

It seemed to me as if Schneider wanted to say a lot more about last night, and almost did...but ultimately didn't.

Honestly, for whatever reason, Schneider's tone really annoyed me today. I felt as if he were reluctant to take his share of responsibility for last night's...debaucle, and I got the distinct feeling that some people in the Mets clubhouse are not very happy with others about last night...

Something also tells me that Schneider might not continue to be a regular on WFAN every Tuesday afternoon were the regular host a guy named Steve Somers.

As for J Ro, according to Mets Blog, he's mouthing off again about the Mets, and how they motivate him.... Honestly, between Schneider on the FAN today and J Ro's comments, I'm not sure whom I want to give a nice, swift kick to more.

Perhaps, as the image suggests, we should just leave the whole thing up to the Met pitchers.

4 comments:

Rickey said...

Yeah, you'd think that a guy who is touted as such a strong defensive catcher wouldn't, you know, totally screw the pooch like that...

Deb said...

Yeah, I mean... really! To be honest, I haven't seen that much of that "touted defense" from Mr. Schneider this year... although after LAST night, I'm not saying nuttin' more. LOL

Coop said...

I've been saying all along, I'd rather have Mike Piazza with his spaghetti arm and horrible game calling NOW (not even 10-years ago Piazza) than Brian Schneider. Sure, he's a member of my "fantasy team" but that's the only fantasy team he ranks high on.

Deb said...

Certainly, there's ZERO comparison between Schneider's offense and Mike's, and even with Mike's less than stellar D, you'd have to be NUTS to say Schneider was even in Mike's league!