Thursday, April 16, 2009

And Ollie Wakes the F*** Up!

...after The Big Sleep of Monday night, Oliver Perez wakes the fuck up, as does the offense, and the Mets get a much-needed win over the Padres last night at Citifield.

A couple of things.

First, I'm getting tired, already, of wondering whether Oliver The Good or Oliver The Bad will show up for work. It's like, flip a coin, already -- you never know what you're going to get with Ollie. But when he's good, he's real good, and when he's bad, he's...well...real bad. This is enough to drive any Met fan crazy, and I'm thinking of starting a self-help group for Met fans driven nuts by Oliver Perez. You know the drill - it goes something like this: "Hello, my name is Deb. I am a Mets fan that's slowly being driven out of my mind by Oliver Perez. I've had this problem for some time now, and I've finally realized that I need help; I can't go it alone...."

Anybody else wanna join? We could call it, uh, Ollieholics Anonymous, or something like that.

Or just plain Self-Help for Dummies, because I sometimes think I have to be an idiot to let that nut case known as Oliver Perez continue to drive me off the deep end.

As I previously said, the offense woke the fuck up last night, as well, and actually looked as if it showed up for work. Apparently, our boys DO know how to move runners, run the bases, steal bases, and situationally hit. Perhaps they are afflicted with a touch of off-again-on-again Ollie-itis?

Nah!

Rubber game tonight at Citifield. Stay awake, boys!

No comments: